What is Black Seed?
Gye Nyame’s main ingredient is Black Seed (from the flowers of the Nigella Sativa plant), also known as Black Caraway, Black Cumin or Kalonji. Throughout history, dating to as least the time of King Tutankhamen over three thousand years ago, and across cultures and religions, it has been understood that Black Seed is a powerful natural remedy. With absolutely no adverse side effects, Black Seed has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory capabilities, which can help to improve the body’s defense system and thus, restore health, wellness and balance.
The healing powers of Black Seed and its oil are multifaceted and research into many of these areas is ongoing:
• Respiratory diseases (including asthma and dyspnea)
• Easing of gastrointestinal problems
• Diabetes control
• Kidney disease
• Weight loss
• Analgesic (pain reliever)
• Blood pressure regulation
• Cholesterol, triglycerides and glucose regulation
• Antineoplastic potential (research into the anti-cancer activities of Black Seed is just beginning and is likely due to its ability to improve the body’s defense system)
We highly recommend our Black Seed Bitters with Moringa for detoxification and whole body renewal.